Discover why homeowners across the UK are raving about our premium installation service.
Our Service To You
Watch this short video below and discover how easy it is to order your new door
Premium products deserve a premium installation
When you are purchasing a high quality product is it essential the installation and workmanship is of the same high standard. We demand perfection every time from our installers, and we are proud to be a Solidor recommended installer.
Our premium installation service is all about providing an unrivalled service with minimum hassle to ou customers - we can guarantee:
Nationwide installation (including Northern Ireland and Isle of Wight)
Typical lead time of 15 working days from order to completion*
Superb after-sales service and extended guarantees
Ready to find out why our service stands head and shoulders above the competition? Read below to find out more...
Did you know:you receive a 5 year installation guarantee with every door installed.
Your Timber Composite Door also comes with a 10 year product guarantee.
The Premium Installation Exactly what you get for your money
Two man delivery team
Lay down dust sheets
Use decorative architraves as required
Make good plaster, brickwork or render as required
Remove old door/frame and take away
Demonstrate to customer operation of the new door
Remove any debris, clean new door and hoover up
5 year installation guarantee
10 year product guarantee
Free consumer protection
How does the service work?
A step by step guide of how easy it is to order your new composite door
1. Get your free quote Our online door designer lets you get an instant quote - simply design the door of your dreams and submit your details - your quote will be emailed to you instantly. We don't sneak in charges at a later date either - the price you see online is the guaranteed price you will pay.*
2. Place your order Once you are happy with your quote you can place your order securely online - we only require a £60 deposit. If you prefer to talk, call us and we can arrange the order for you. Customers wanting to take advantage of our finance packages can also apply securely online.
3. Home survey Our survey team will contact you shortly after your order is placed, and we can typically be out to survey within 3-5 working days. Our uniformed surveyor will carry out a comprehensive survey and answer any questions you may have regarding the installation.
4. Confirm your order After your survey our team will email you with a confirmation of your order along with any notes from the surveyor. You can make any changes you want to the order at this point, so don't worry if you have had a change or heart on the original quite!
5. Installation day Our two man team will carry out your installation, taking the utmost care to treat your home with respect. Our experienced teams will make good any inevitable damage, take away your old door for you and demonstrate the operation of the door once completed.
6. Guarantees & after care Post-installation our team will contact you to ensure you are happy with your new door. We will also issue your guarantees at this point, and we will give you all the contact details you need if you have any problems or queries regarding the door.
Did you know:The finance package we offer also includes your premium installation
The standard tradesman guarantee is 12 months, so any call out after this period is going to cost you. Also, be cautious asking a 'friend who can fit doors' to carry out the work - they may be happy to do it for a small fee as a favour but they will not be so forthcoming two years later to help with an installation problem. We give our customers a 5 year installation guarantee as standard. Cutting corners on the initial labour cost will always end up costing more in the long run.
Issues will arise from poor fitting
If an installer is unfamiliar with a product, or perhaps doesn't give it the full care and attention it deserves, you will have problems in the future. This could be anything ranging from draughts between the door and frame, locks sticking due to poor alignment, or ineffective operation which can lead to stressed/damaged hinges and warped door slabs in some cases. You must have 100% confidence that your installer is experienced with the product and adheres to all manufacturer fitting guidelines.
Poor fitting can invalidate your guarantee
If you need to make a claim for a part on your guarantee, you might have a problem if the door has not been fitted to the correct standard. In order to replace any defective parts the manufacturer will need photographic evidence and a narrative of the issue. We find that many faults could have been avoided if more care was taken at the installation stage - a typical example may be stress on cylinders/locks due to the door not being set up/aligned correctly. Your guarantee is important so make sure you vet your potential installer for proof of previous installations.
66% complaints received are a result of fitting negligence
In a recent survey we carried out internally roughly two thirds of all problems reported arose from installation issues. It is not always the case that a tradesman is incapable of installing our product, however we do find that due care and attention must be given at all times as well as adherence to the supplied installation guidelines. Because our products have a timber core and are heavier than typical foam filled composite doors the fitting requires a little more skill, akin to fitting a timber door.
Choose a Solidor recommended installer
Nobody knows more about the product than the manufacturer themselves, which is why both Timber Composite Doors and Solidor recommend you consider a approved installer. Not only are our fitters working with the product every day, but this ensures that you are working with a company who are in close contact with the supplier. In the rare event of an issue or discrepancy, we are in a position to deal with it immediately. Always consider an installer that is recommended by the manufacturer!
A professional home survey is a must
Believe it or not, there a tradesman out there who think it is acceptable for the customer to take measurements themselves. Whilst this may be tempting to save on a survey cost, or to save time if your tradesman is very busy, this is a big no no. By providing measurements yourself you are liable if anything goes wrong, and we have seen it happen too many times to unsuspecting customers who aren't sure about sills, thresholds, brick allowances etc. The sizes are the responsibility of whoever is installing and if they do not want to carry out this service walk away.
Finance Options Available
Finance packages are available on all installed doors
We Install Nationwide
We install throughout the whole of the UK & Northern Ireland
You wouldn't go on holiday without insurance! So why buy a door without protection?
We offer a consumer protection policy with every installation - free of charge.
Warning - do your other quotes offer you this level of protection?
All customers receive insurance back guarantee
Our customers love us - take a look at our most recent reviews collected through Trust Pilot. All reviews are guaranteed to be 100% genuine.
Take a look at some of our recent premium installations... supplied by you
Credit is subject to status and affordability. Terms & Conditions apply. GFD Trading Limited, Teesview, Sabatier Close, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6EW. (Financial Conduct Authority Register No. 649668) Trading as Timber Composite Doors is a credit broker and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit provided by Novuna Personal Finance, a trading style of Mitsubishi HC Captital UK PLC, Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Register No. 704348). The register can be accessed through www.fca.org.uk.